Lately I've been thinking about how amazing the breastfeeding process is. I am producing milk for my child and that milk is all that she needs right now. Actually my milk is making Jenna a very robust child. (4 month check-up updates to follow) By taking care of myself I am able to nourish my child. And my body knows what she needs and how much. It is amazing to me! I recommend to all mothers that you try breastfeeding. While it takes some time to learn (for both you and the baby) it really makes my life easy. Having the food warm and ready whenever she wants it is great! Being able to lay in bed and nurse (and fall asleep while it happens) gives me sometimes 2 extra hours of sleeping. Like I said this whole process is amazing!
Jenna had her 4 month check up on July 16th. The girl is growing! She was 16lbs. 5oz. 27in long with a head circumference of 16in. The 16lbs+ amazes me! I knew she would be in that range but then I talk to other people and they tell me their child was only 16lbs when they were a year old. We have already gotten into the 9 month clothes for this girl. Once she gets a little bigger I am going to have to actually go buy a majority of her clothing (until now she had been wearing all the clothing from our baby showers and the girly clothing that poured in after she was born). At this check-up we learned that our doctor has taken a new job and by the end of the fall will not be able to see us anymore. We still get to see him in September but that is the last time. He said she looked normal and was reaching all the milestones perfectly. Jenna got 3 shots and one oral vaccine. We had some crying but then it only took us 5 minutes to calm down so we could leave. We have such a tough little girl!
Since I haven't posted in a while....Robb is home from his trip to NYC. This week is his last of the summer. So he and Jenna are spending quality time together. Since this is his last week of summer this also is Jenna's last week of being at home full time. Aug 2nd she will start daycare. I still don't feel great about this but it is a step we are taking. Grace Hills has been very helpful and I feel Jenna will be well cared for. But it just isn't the same as having Robb or myself care for her. So next week she will only be going for half days on Monday and Tuesday and then full days on Wednesday and Thursday. Like I said we have a tough girl and I'm sure this new phase will be harder on mama than Jenna
Monday, July 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I agree about breastfeeding! It's the most amazing thing! I love it!
ReplyDeleteI hope yall's transition to daycare is smooth!:)