Last week was a big week for Jenna (and mommy and daddy)! Jenna started daycare on August 2nd. I believe it was harder for me than it was for her. I took the morning off on both Monday and Tuesday. Both of those days she was only at daycare for 5 hours. Wednesday I took her in at her normal time of 7:45am but daddy picked her up a little early since he didn't have an evening band practice. So Wednesday she was there for 8 hours. Thursday was to be her first real full time day (10 hours is what full time will be for her). However at 2pm on Thursday we got a call saying Jenna was running a fever of 100.5 and I had to come pick her up. Fevers get you kicked out immediately.
I went to get our little girl and she was hot. So we went home and took a nap. I woke up after 2 hours. Jenna slept until 7 (which was a 4 hour nap). Her fever peaked at 101.4 that evening. It was good that Robb's mom was already coming down to take care of Jenna on Friday because you have to be fever free for 24 hours before you can go back to daycare. The reason Susan was coming on Friday was...Friday is grandma day! Every Friday one of our mothers will be caring for Jenna. We are really glad our mothers are willing to do this. It is one less day in daycare (which makes me happy) plus it is time with the grandmas!
So back to the fever...Friday she had a fever on and off. Saturday she woke up in the morning and the fever was gone! She has been slightly congested but nothing terrible. Her sleeping habits are a little off and hopefully we can get back on some kind of routine now. Mommy would like the 6 hours straight we were doing before last week.
We have made it through our first illness and our girl was a champ! Lets hope every illness is as easy as this one!
Monday, August 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment