Sunday, April 18, 2010

A small victory

Jenna is now breastfeeding! We have been battling for the last month with breastfeeding. She and I didn't communicate well in the hospital. We got a lot of conflicting advice from the nursing staff. Jenna was just not interesting in feeding but she was hungry. Also while we were in the hospital she had jaundice issues. So I started pumping because we really needed her to be eating. When we got home I was feeding her with a bottle but kept trying to breastfeed. I have been trying for the last month but not having much success. This past week I was about to give up. Friday Jenna and I attended a Le Leche breastfeeding support group. One of the leaders gave me some tips on my technique. It worked because since that time Jenna has been feeding. Its like is just clicked. She had a bottle around midnight last night and then she has been breastfeeding since. She seems happy and content. So I think she is getting what she needs. We will see how this new development goes!

3 comments:

  1. I'm very happy for you! Your persistence paid off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Small Victory?....you mean HUGE VICTORY! THis is GREAT news! I know you must be relieved! Good for you for not giving up...most women would have by now...you rock! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome. Huge victory indeed!! I'm sending you guys some cloth diapering stuff, no diapers, but just some random stuff. Hope you can use it, if not toss it or give it away.

    ReplyDelete