Monday, December 14, 2009

26 weeks with a side of cold

The weeks just keep rolling along. However this past weekend has been a mix of fun and not fun. I currently have a cold. Thursday I developed a sore throat. I took Friday off because it was painful to swallow. So I spent that day resting and recovering. By Friday afternoon I was feeling much better. Friday evening I traveled to my parents and I was feeling fine. Saturday morning my dad and I went to pick out and cut down my parents Christmas tree. We had a good time with this annual tradition. Saturday afternoon I went in to Roanoke and had my hair done and then attended Amy's reception (more to come on that)! Saturday night I went to bed and Sunday morning woke up feeling terrible again. I was very congested Sunday. Not really a sore throat but I couldn't breathe and it just wasn't fun. I tried to rest yesterday but sleeping isn't fun when laying down makes it harder to breathe. Now today I feel better but I have a slight cough and keep blowing my nose a lot. Hopefully I will be over this soon.

As for the baby.....not a lot new is going on. From this point on I think the baby's job is to get fat!

Now of to the fun party from Saturday! Amy & Dirk's reception was a wonderful time. Robb and I looked very dashing and had a great time eating and dancing! It was fun because there were a lot of people there that didn't know I was pregnant. So we got a lot of congratulations and what not. I didn't make it to the end of the party but I'm sure it was lovely til the end. The picture is of Robb and I as we are leaving.

Quick funny story. Before going to the party Robb and I stopped at another of my friends (Kelly) townhouses. She lives in Vinton very close to where the party was. Kelly was having a Christmas party that we were unable to attend. There were already some guests at Kelly's (girls I hadn't seen since college). One of the ladies asked me, "Are you going to get any bigger?" It was an ok question. Kelly is an OB nurse and told this girl yes I was going to get much bigger because I had another 15 weeks until I was due. We left and headed to the party. In the car Robb said, "You just scared that girl. She was looking at you and think that she was never going to get pregnant." We had a good laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment