Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Appointment

We had another appointment yesterday. It went well. I passed my glucose tolerance test so YAY! My uterus is measuring 30cm which is in line with the length of our pregnancy (usually your uterus measures in inches the amount of weeks you are pregnant but the midwife says +/- a centimeter is ok). The baby's heartbeat was in the 140 range which is again good. The only down side to the appointment was I was told I need to increase my iron intake through my diet. Earlier in my pregnancy my iron level was a 13.1 which is good. 2 weeks ago when they took more blood my iron was down to 10.9. The midwife said that anything below 10 they would put me on iron supplements. She also said that iron supplements don't always work well with the body causing some intestinal problems and what not. So last night for dinner Robb and I have steak, asparagus and red potatoes. It was his attempt to help with my dietary iron intake.

We also asked about preterm labor and anything that we should be doing at this point in time in the pregnancy. The midwife said at this point in time in the pregnancy we should be enjoying our time together and life without a baby. So maybe this weekend we will go to the movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment