Thursday, January 7, 2010

This is going to be a person

Back in the early fall I got a CD in the mail from Amy. Amy is great with the mixed CD! It really is her calling and most of my musical collection is CD's that Amy has made for me. Not only does she make the CD she writes a little list of the songs and why she picked each song. So back to the CD I got in the fall. This CD is called "You're Having a Baby! Mix". I listened to it once or twice in the fall and thought it was a lovely mix but the song didn't jump out to me as the best mix that Amy had made. (I have a whole scrapbook that has CD's with it they are probably some of the best she has ever done) For some reason today as I was working I needed some music and decided to give this mix a go again. Most of the songs just have the word baby in them and while they can make you think about an actual baby you think more of a love interest being called baby. However there are a few that are actually about babies or having children. And those seem to be the songs that were getting to me today.

I should start at the beginning of the day. This morning I was in my co-worker Kelly's room learning how to do a new test. The baby was moving quite a bit and pushing really hard on the top of my tummy. Kelly asked if she could feel. This is a shy baby so once Kelly put her hand on my stomach the baby stopped moving but Kelly said something like "Isn't it amazing that there is a person incubating in there?" I didn't think a lot about it at the time but as I was listening to all this baby music this afternoon I started thinking more and more about that. This isn't just a baby it is a person that will soon grow into their own individual that I am going to love but possibly be frustrated with or angry at but hopefully very proud of.

So the two main songs that were stirring this deep thought process were "Capri" by Colbie Caillat and "The One Who Knows" by Dar Williams. And while I was deep in thought about becoming a parent the CD moved on and so did Amy's choices. Before I knew it this song came on and broke my deep thoughts and just made me laugh!

1 comment:

  1. Those are my two favorite songs on that mix! I'll have to make you another one that focuses less on laughs and more on meaningful things... :)

    ReplyDelete