Monday, October 26, 2009

19 weeks


We are already at 19 weeks! The books had several different food references this week. The baby is possibly 6in long which is the size of a piece of watermelon. Then the baby could weigh up to 8oz which is about the size of an apple. So this week is like a fruit salad.

This past weekend Robb and I went to my parents to help with the last Saturday of Thee Red Barn. It was a beautiful day but not many people showed up. There were a lot of other things going on in the area. This was Robb first time working the event in the 3 years it has been open. I think he did rather well. While I was sitting for most of the day I was still very tired after it was over. I learned my lesson from the last time I worked. After the event I took a nap that lasted longer than I had planned. Also on Sunday I didn't plan anything and I spent the day resting and getting ready for the week.

This week is very busy with appointments and such. Tomorrow I go for my first official appointment with midwife Erin. I think this appointment is suppose to be about an hour long. Then on Wednesday I go to the dentist. All the baby books and what not say dental care is very important during pregnancy. Also my insurance has a program that if I do a few things throughout my pregnancy (and going to the dentist is one of them) they will wave the hospital co-pay at the time of delivery. So we are trying to make that happen.

I have noticed during the last week that I have been more hungry than I was earlier in the 2nd trimester. My favorite baby book says that the baby is going through a growth spurt so that is normal. Robb and I went to our favorite Italian restaurant while we were in Roanoke and usually I only eat half of the food that I get but I told Robb I was really hungry and I cleaned the whole plate.

My body is changing daily and it is exciting to see how this process is developing. So far I haven't had any real problems. Now that I am sleeping on my side exclusively my hips are a little sore but I'm sure my body will get use to this new sleeping position and everything will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment