Monday, October 5, 2009

Thee Red Barns opening weekend





This past weekend I spent time in Franklin county helping my parents with the first weekend of their agritourism business called Thee Red Barn. You can check out their website. It was a long but good day. This is the 3rd year for this event and it is growing each year. I worked the first year but was unable to help last year. I spent most of the day selling tickets for the corn maze and hay ride. Being pregnant is interesting. I worked all day and felt a little tired. However, Sunday I was completely worn out! I can't work like I did pre-pregnancy and not take a day off to rest.

So you think I would have spent Sunday recovering from my adventure on Saturday. Not this time! Sunday was world communion Sunday and the Lynchburg CoB was holding Love Feast. Since I am the head of church nurture it was my responsibility to prepare for this special service. So Saturday night when I got home from my parents I made communion bread. Sunday morning I arrived at church early and prepared the middle eastern meal that we were planning on having: dates, apricots, apples, almonds, lentil soup, olives, and chick pea salad. I did have help from others. So by the time I got home at 2 on Sunday afternoon I was completely worn out and fell asleep watching the Redskins game.

My weekend was full and Robb's was just as full but going in the other direction. Saturday was Robb's first band competition since he has been a band director. He took the Altavista Marching Band to a competition in Bedford. He was very proud of how they performed and thought it was a great experience for the first ever competition. He has another competition this coming Saturday. So you can see last week and this coming week are very busy times for him.

As we were laying in bed last night Robb was trying to wrap his head around our stage of pregnancy. He asked what week 15 would be like and I said kind of like it was last week since we are going into week 16. That is right we are heading into 16 weeks of this crazy experiment. That is 14 weeks of fetal age. The baby is suppose to be 4 1/3 to 4 2/3 inches long. Robb told me one day last week that I look pregnant. So we will try and get a new picture up very soon!

1 comment: