Monday, October 12, 2009

YAY for Holidays!

Today is Columbus Day and that means as a state employee I don't have to work today! Really this is a great day for a holiday because we had a semi-busy weekend. Friday night Altavista played Dan River in football. The marching band was wonderful even with several members out for H1N1. Saturday was the bands second competition and I went to cheer them on. They improved their scores from the week before and the colorguard placed 2nd in their division. On Sunday I had a church board meeting and I played the piano for worship. Having late nights on Friday and Saturday I took a nap during the Redskins game again. Maybe if I could stay awake they would win.

We are now at 17 weeks and every book says the baby is the size of an out stretched hand! This past week has been a little difficult in the sleeping area. 16 weeks was the end of sleeping on my back. While I have always been a side sleeper I didn't realize how much I also sleep on my back. Several nights I have woken up and I'm laying on my back and then I seem to get craps in my legs. I'm thinking I might have to invest in a body pillow so that I don't roll over in my sleep.

Robb and I had a discussion about the H1N1 vaccine. Many of his student are coming down with the virus. Also both he and my mother have been reading a lot about the % of pregnant women that die once they get the virus. So we are reconsidering getting vaccinated.

I am looking more and more pregnant every day. I am still wearing some regular shirts but soon I will have to upgrade full time to maternity wear. Maternity jeans are still wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment