Thursday, October 8, 2009

Pregnancy wisdom

In the land of pregnancy, I have had an easy go of it. Many of the people I know who are also pregnant and delivering in the spring have had terrible morning sickness and headaches and all kinds of other things. I feel very lucky to have mostly escaped those unpleasant happenings. However, I am finding there are a lot of changes that come with being pregnant. Yesterday Robb and I were walking through a parking lot. Now this parking lot had an incline just so everyone knows that we were walking up hill. As we were walking, I was telling an animated story and as we walked it seemed like Robb was getting faster and faster (he was very excited to be inside the building). As we were about to get to the top of the parking lot I realized I was getting winded. I asked him if we could slow our pace just a little. At this request he laughed at me and said we weren't going fast at all. Well the pregnant lady felt like we were almost in a jog.

The next thing that reminded me that I was pregnant and life was different was we went to the movies. We usually get a drink to enjoy during the 2 hours that we are sitting watching the movie. As we got to the middle of the 2 1/2 hour movie I realized that I had to pee but I didn't want to get up in the middle of the movie (I also thought the movie was going to end soon). It didn't end soon and I sat needing to go to the restroom for probably half of the movie. After the movie I did visit the restroom and it was amazing! We happened to be seeing a second movie later in the day so I made sure to go to the restroom before the movie start and not get a drink. Well I still have to go after the movie was over. So now I realize that I can't sit for 2+ hours and not go to the restroom. It just isn't in the cards anymore.

This two happenings remind me that my body is changing, and that change makes me happy because at this time I can't feel the baby. I look different but I can't feel anything so getting winded and having to pee makes me confided that our baby is growing well and doing fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment