Tuesday, February 16, 2010

35 weeks!

Hello 35 weeks! We are 3 weeks away from full term and 5 weeks from due date. So our time in pregnancy land is soon coming to an end. This week the baby should be 5 1/2lbs and is fully developed. The kidneys and liver are working. From here on out the baby will just be putting on weight. We can expect 1/2lb weight gain per week until due date. So....are we looking at a 9lb baby? Hope not!

This past weekend Amy and I spent Saturday getting pampered and enjoying time together. We realize that our time alone will be much less after baby Shipp arrives. We each had aromatherapy pedicures. They were fabulous! Then we enjoyed a relaxed lunch at a local cafe. It was nice to just sit and talk for as long as we wanted.

It has been snowing also most every day/week around here. We are hoping that the snow is light or non-existent this weekend. Our baby showers from the first weekend of Feb have been rescheduled for this Saturday. We are having 2 showers on Saturday and one on Sunday. Robb and I are very excited about these celebrations!

Sleeping is becoming interesting. I am going to be earlier and earlier but that is because my body is waking me up around 3 every night. I guess my hips are readying me for a baby that wants to be up early in the morning.

We have a midwife appointment on Thursday and after that I have another massage. It will be exciting to see what our midwife appointments will bring as we move into the every week meetings!

No comments:

Post a Comment