Thursday, February 18, 2010

Midwife and massage

Today I had another midwife appointment. This was the last of my 2 week appointments and now I will be going every week until the baby is born. My next appointment is on Tuesday (not exactly a week away but it was the only day I could get the time I needed).

So this weeks appointment I saw Erin and discussed a lot of things. I was tested for Strep Group B. I'm hoping that the culture comes back negative. If I am positive for Strep I will have to have IV antibiotics during labor. However, Erin said I wouldn't have to be on a constant IV but that I would need the drugs every 4 hours. So I wouldn't be limited in my mobility or the ability to get in a water bath. But lets hope that we don't even have to deal with that.

The last couple of days I have been retaining more fluids. I was rather puffy for my appointment today. Erin wants me to spend more time resting in the evening, drinking more water, and reducing my salt in take even more. She did say that water retention at this stage in pregnancy is normal.

My uterus is measuring the correct size and Erin estimates that the baby is 5 1/2lbs. So we are looking at a 7 1/2lb baby at delivery.

After my midwife appointment I had my 3rd prenatal massage. I was so glad to have the massage today. Being puffy, having Jean massage my legs and arms helped get the fluids moving and I think my swelling is going down. I have one more appointment on March 2nd. These have been wonderful appointments!

So....we are in the home stretch and I am feeling very pregnant. I still have a month until due date so I'm sure it will get harder but for today being pregnant is hard. I'm sure tomorrow will be better.

We have our baby showers this weekend and I'm looking forward to that. Pictures and updates later!

No comments:

Post a Comment