Sunday, March 14, 2010

The tradition is broken

It is Sunday morning March 14th and I'm still pregnant. So I believe the Bowman family tradition is now broken. My family was here yesterday to celebrate my brothers 30th birthday but I didn't go into labor. Right before they were leaving I asked my brother if his prediction on the gender had changed since I wasn't having the baby on his birthday. He still stands by his girl prediction. So we will see.

My dad did give me a list of days that don't suit him for this baby to arrive. He is a very busy many. He sits on several boards that have meetings coming up. He will be in Richmond this week, Winchester the following week and I believe Ashville the week after that. So I think with his schedule we have decided the baby can come on the 23rd, 27th or 31st. And those dates work great for me because that is when my midwife is on call. So we hope this baby accommodates Opa's busy schedule and shows up at the specified dates.

3 comments:

  1. LOL!! Good luck with the baby coming when you WANT it to ;) There were many days that it suited us "better" than others and we ended up still pregnant the end of each day :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Laird going to be called the German word for "grandfather?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I believe my parents have decided to go with Opa and Oma!

    ReplyDelete