Yesterday Robb and I met with a midwife to discuss changing medical facilities. Lynchburg has 4 midwives working in a practice and we interviewed with the newest member of the midwifery team. We loved Erin! She was fun and exciting and laid back. She said many of the things that we have been thinking. Pregnancy and birth are natural processes that in most cases only need supervision and guidance and not medical intervention. So we have decided to switch our prenatal care to this new practice and have a go with a midwife. I have already started the process of having our medical records transferred.
Erin made me feel very comfortable. I showed her the preliminary draft of our birth plan and she said our birth plan was the regular plan they normally do. That made me feel wonderful! I also felt she was open and honest with us about the possibility of medical intervention. We are hoping for a perfect normal birth but she did give us a few scenarios where we might need to change our plans, and really that is what we are looking for. We want someone who thinks everything is going to be fine and then plans for the possibility of something not working out vs. planning on things going wrong and having to be looking for them constantly.
Having an understanding midwife that we trust makes me relax about the whole birth process. I feel now that what we want will happen so I can focus on just birthing the baby!
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


YAY!!! I'm so happy for you guys!! :D Can you have a water birth?
ReplyDeleteI don't want a water birth but also our hospital and midwife won't do it. Our midwife doesn't really like them and that is ok by me!
ReplyDelete