Saturday, November 28, 2009

Amazing to see

Robb and I are currently in Staunton, VA for a whole host of activities. Last night Altavista football was playing in the regional B playoff game against Riverheads High School. Altavista is Robb's current employer and Riverheads is his home team. The game was exciting but very cold. We were both bundled up! The wind really made things very cold. I believe that both my cheeks are wind burned today. Altavista won the game 20-17 and we left to warm up.

We are staying at Robb's friend Josh's house. When we returned last night I decided to take a warm bath because the heat just wasn't getting to my cold bones. As I sat enjoying the nice bath I felt a kick, kick and looked down and saw my stomach move at the same time as the kicks! It was amazing! Feeling the movement and then seeing it translate to the outside of my body was awesome! I sat rather still for a while longer to see if it would happen again.

After I got out of the bath I told Robb the exciting news and he can't wait until he gets to feel the baby move. He even spent a large part of the evening after the bath with his hand on my stomach waiting to see if the baby would move again. However the baby must have gone back to sleep because no more movement yesterday evening!

I know that these amazing movements are just going to keep happening and getting bigger and bigger. That makes me really look forward to the rest of this process and being surprised and excited everyday!

1 comment:

  1. That's so exciting! I'm glad you and Robb are enjoying your pregnancy so much. It seems like every day there's a new marvel! :)

    ReplyDelete