Friday, November 20, 2009

Surviving the flu

Right now Robb has the flu! On Wednesday he started feeling achy and tired. When he got home that afternoon from school he was running a fever. I gave him some medicine and put him to bed. However later that night when he woke up his fever was much higher. So Thursday I drove him to work because he needed to get some lesson plans together for a sub and get his grades done. After the school stop, we went to the doctor. He was tested for flu but the test came back negative. The doctor said that 20% of people that actually have the flu test negative on this test. So with all the evidence and Robbs symptoms the doctor decided it was influenza and wrote a prescription for Tamiflu. After that I took Robb home so he could sleep. I went and filled his prescription and bought Lysol. I have been cleaning the house and anything that he touches. He is sleeping in our bedroom and using our master bath and I am sleeping in the guest bedroom and using the hall bath. I have cleaned the hall bath and told him not to touch it. I am working very hard not to expose myself to this flu virus. So far I feel fine. The doctor did say that Robb might shed the virus for up to a week so we should have limited contact during that time. It is strange living in a home with someone that you aren't really interacting with.

I did get my H1N1 vaccine and hope that will give me some protection. We were hoping that this viral mess would passover our house but I guess not. So....today i am at work and hoping that Robb spends the day resting so that soon our lives can go back to normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment