Wednesday, November 25, 2009

What a beautiful face!


Yesterday we had another ultrasound! Finally baby Shipp cooperated and showed us face and heart. Everything is wonderful and normal and perfect! The first look we got showed the face really well. Cute little nose! However as time went on the baby slowly started moving its hand up to cover its face so at the end of the ultrasound we couldn't get a good look at the face anymore. What does this say about our baby? Is it going to be shy?

Anyway from the measurements the baby is 1lb. 4 oz.! Right on track! Also the head and stomach are normal sizes and my placenta is scored a 0 which is the best it can be. We are so excited that everything is going perfectly!

We also had my regular appointment and met one of the other midwives. There are 4 midwives in this practice and since they are on a rotation at the hospital they want you to meet all of them so when you go into labor you aren't working with a stranger. So we met Billie. She was lovely (Erin our midwife is still my favorite). I will not have another appointment until Dec 22nd and at that time I have to do a glucose test to check for gestational diabetes. I've been told the stuff I have to drink isn't all that great but we will get it done for this little baby!

Happy Thanksgiving to all! We are hosting Robb's family tomorrow and hope the day is great!

1 comment:

  1. I just did the glucose test. The drink really wasn't that bad, actually. Kinda weird-gatorade-ish. Not something I'd drink for the fun of it, but not as bad as I thought it would be! (Oh, and it was a whoppin' 10oz of stuff, not a little sippy cup like I thought, either!!! LOL!)

    ReplyDelete